1 the seacoast first sighted on a voyage (or flight over water)
2 the first sighting of land from the sea after a voyage (or flight over water)
- Arrival at the shore by ship.
- We made landfall at the most god-forsaken, barren, desolate, and hellish location possible to image; and we were grateful, anything to get off that ship!
Landfall can refer to:
- Landfall, an arrival at land on a sea or air journey
- Landfall (meteorology), the time at which a storm passes over shore
- Landfall, Minnesota
- Landfall (journal), a New Zealand literary journal
- Landfall (film), a 1977 New Zealand film
- "Landfall", a track from Mike Oldfield's Tres Lunas album
- Landfall: A Channel Story, a novel by Nevil Shute
landfall in Portuguese: Landfall
landfall in Simple English: Landfall